It’s January and I’m sure exercise, eating right and stress management is on everybody’s minds. What better way to tackle your health than through small, manageable, sustainable steps? I've gathered advice from fit and healthy people and listed five ways you can get healthier starting NOW!
- Schedule fitness: find a time slot each day to literally pencil in time to exercise. Remember- adults need at least 30 minutes of physical activity 5 days a week.
- Pack your lunch: It's no secret that eating out on a regular basis sabotagues your diet. With added fat and sodium you can kiss any healthy eating plan goodbye! Instead, take time on Sunday to plan out your lunches for the week so it's a no brainer when you're heading to work!
- Park further away: This is one of my personal favorites (and a very easy way to live healthier)- simply park your car in a spot furthest away from the store (or at least further than normal) and get some extra steps in on your way to the store! You'll also avoid the stress and hassle of a crowded parking lot!
- Take the stairs: Another one of my personal favorites- ditch the elevator and take the stairs! Make it a habit and soon you won't consider it to be out of the ordinary! Your heart will be pumping and you'll feel an energy surge when you get to the top!
- Replace it with water: many adults don't consume nearly enough water and quench their thirst with soda, sugary juice or tea. Instead, swap these unhealthy beveages out with water! Did you know water can replenish your skin, boost your energy and can prevent headaches caused by dehydration? Drink up!
These 5 tips are simple ways to get healthier today. All it takes is making subtle changes throughout the day to get started! Make a committment to change and make it a habit to live healthy each day!